Council pledged on the evening of Thursday, December 14, to set additional dates and venues for public information sessions to scale back the proposed Official Plan amendments, given the widespread evidence of a lack of support. Now that the Official Plan developers have been identified by Council as J.L. Richards and the Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists, we expect they will answer questions at the future meetings. Please attend Council December 19, 2017 at 6 pm to witness how Council will make this happen.
Also on the Agenda:
- paving the Ottawa Valley Recreational Trail from Carleton Place to Almonte at a cost estimated to be $742,350 plus HST, our share estimated at $403,000 in the Budget for 2018 (they are counting on getting provincial grants for “commuter cycling” to 2020 while borrowing from reserves in the interim: this is your council’s priority). See previous Resolution No. 352-17: Moved by Councillor McCubbin, Seconded by Councillor Torrance
- PUBLIC MEETING (means you get to comment) on a zoning amendment for Aselford Development Corporation to allow the “intensification”/infill at 36 Main Street (in the Heritage District, and non-conforming to the Heritage Guide on density) for a combination of 7 townhouse units and 2-fourplex units (8 units) for a total of 15 units, with parking for 17 vehicles, all exiting to Main Street.
- The OVRT Management Plan (see pages 83-144, the County Guide is very informative)
The Municipality has some concerns: turtle fencing is one.
- A commemorative bench ($2,000), tree ($650) and bike rack ($750) policy
- Heritage Committee minutes state that “Heritage Roads (Old Perth Road and Bellamy Mills Road) will be incorporated into the Official Plan.”
- Another $2,500 plus HST to the brand new Pakenham Library Building costs for sump pump and storm drain repairs
- 2018 Budget Approval (additional permanent staff, tax and water increases, big spending on cyclists)
- Bike lanes, “bike accommodations” coming to Mill Run, Riverfront Estates, and Pakenham, courtesy the Cycling Committee; just what is still a mystery
- Extension of Cavanagh contract for gravel for another year
- 2018 Municipal Grants:
See full agenda and committee decisions at: