- Closed session on HR matters and zoning amendment appeal at LPAT. Note that there are 4 LPAT cases currently active on the LPAT website:
– Part of Lots 1 & 2, Conc 9 PL130559-Glen Isle Shores Subdivision (no hearings scheduled)
– 3200 Pakenham Concession 3 PL160874-BL16-69, Trailer Campground Approval (hearing was Feb 12, 2018)
– Block 40 Plan 69547 (Don Maynard Park sale) PL171053 – COPA #19, Parkland & Open Space Policies (prehearing was held March 13. 2018; next actions not until January 2019 as discussed by the parties this week)
– 314 Bellamy Mills Road PL180118 – J. & H. Leonard, 314 Bellamy Mills Rd (a hearing was held June 1, 2018; still open)
- The Clerk and Deputy Clerk have been preparing a new committee structure for the next council: “This is important because the membership on the current advisory committees expires on November 30, 2018. Notices for membership to the advisory committees should be issued in early November so the new Council can be ready to make appointments in either December or January.” The staff propose going from more than 19 committees to three.
Ummm…perhaps the next Council should be consulted?
- “Lanark County, in partnership with Valley Heartland Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC), is delivering a Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E) project that aims to build and strengthen local business across Lanark County.” If you are interested in volunteering to conduct face-to-face confidential interviews/surveys with businesses or if your business would like to participate in an interview/survey, please contact Teri Devine, BR+E Coordinator, at 613-283-7002 ext. 111 or 613-207-5940 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is available at www.valleycfdc.com/bre “
- Amendment to change the zoning on the property known municipally as Lots 26, 27 and 28 in the Almonte Business Park (legally: Pts 5-10 PLAN 27R-9664; Being Part Lot 15 Concession 10 Ramsay) from Business Park 1 (E1-1) to Business Park Exception 1 (E1-1x) in order to recognize open storage as a permitted use on the lands in accordance with the provisions of Section 6.16 of the Zoning Bylaw.
- Holy Name of Mary site plan consideration (see page 41 of agenda for plan). Note that sidewalks to be improved in front of the school, as residents requested.
- Change the zoning on the Pakenham Golf and Country Club Estate (legally: Subdivision Plan 101581) from Rural to Rural Residential in the Zoning Bylaw #11-83.
See the full agenda and committee reports here: September 18 2018 Council Agenda